RE: What Are You Working On?

Subject: RE: What Are You Working On?
From: "Al Geist" <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: <john -at- garisons -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 16:18:08 -0400

I used to live in Napa back in the 70s/80s, before moving to Alaska. Hitting
a vineyard or two on the way to rafting the Russian River out of Cloverdale
was a regular weekend event. That was back when you could camp along the
river and partake in other products of the Napa/Sonoma/Mendocino County
farmers.

If you can get it, try some Copper River Red salmon from Alaska. We get
frozen filets from the local Shaw's market, but I've also seen it in other
stores. It's totally different from the bland farmed salmon and it's meat is
almost blood red. It's considered one of the best smoked salmon you can get
(although some people like Chum salmon better).

The snow up here in the Champlain Valley is mostly gone, which is okay by
me. I'm not into mowing lawns, but it beats shoveling snow. To much work....

Speaking of work, as I told Bill, all this talk of food and libations has
just about killed my ability to continue working on the service manual
addendum in front of me. The deck beckons.....the beer is cold....

Al Geist
Technical Writing, Help, Web Design, Video, Photography
Office/Msg: 802-872-9091
Cell: 802-578-3964
Website: www.geistassociates.com
See Also:
Fine Art Photography
Website: www.geistimages.com

"...I walked to work, quit my job, and kept walking. Better to be a pilgrim
without a destination, I figured, than to cross the wrong threshold each
day." (Anon.)