Re: "Your Message has been blocked by SPAM-MAIL-BLOCKER.de"

Subject: Re: "Your Message has been blocked by SPAM-MAIL-BLOCKER.de"
From: Ned Bedinger <doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com>
To: "Leonard C. Porrello" <Leonard -dot- Porrello -at- SoleraTec -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 14:43:06 -0700

Leonard C. Porrello wrote:
> Does anyone else get these types of messages when they post to the list?

Yeah, but interpreting it isn't necessarily straight-forward.

My ex-ISP used to have stability problems that resulted in bouncing
mails addressed to me. So I'd get unsubscribed from mailing lists every
so often because the mail they sent me bounced for a day or two.

I don't think it helps to bounce spam back unacknowldged (spammers don't
care if you're not there), or boycott the email of entire domains, and
certainly not the entire .de hierachy, Lauren!

I don't think there's much point in taking bounce messages personally,
even if someone in a .de domain does finds your posts unworthy. After
all, everyone is entitled to get up on their hind legs and try and
re-re-remake the internet in their own image, right? I mean, what's to
stop them, if not etiquette? In many cases, one just never knows for
sure whether it is a personal statement, ISP glitch, or a spam filter
anayway.

Just be glad you can read it to see what's going on. I've got a spammer
who sends mail in a foreign character set. The useful header info
changes with every email. Funny thing, I tried converting the messages
to UTF-8 but still can't read it. I don't know if it is pure mischief,
or someone trying to get my business, or just what it is supposed to be.

Just sign me,

Frustrated by spam in a boustrophedonic script,

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList