Re: STC

Subject: Re: STC
From: "Suzette Leeming" <suzette -dot- leeming -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Sam Beard" <sbeard -at- oico -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 21:36:41 -0400

I agree with all of you. I used to be very strongly involved in
organizations, etc. before I started my family. I seemed to need less sleep
back then :-)

The outside interests had to take a back seat to children, and balanced with
a job that required frequent travel. I find now that the children and mostly
grown (are they ever going to be fully grown?) at 31 and 22, I have much
more time for "me" and outside interests again. The only problem is now I
have more interests and sometimes they conflict, like tonight which was a
meeting night at my chapter. I won't say I'll ever get *really* involved,
but at least I'll try making the STC meetings a higher priority.

It's all about priorities, which often change throughout our lives.

Suzette Leeming
Keswick, ON

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 5:31 PM, Sam Beard <sbeard -at- oico -dot- com> wrote:

> Susan,
>
> Thanks much for the support! Yes, and my reality has ALWAYS been to
> work to live, not live to work. And since STC is work-related, it gets
> pushed to the back burner in order to accommodate my desires to spend
> time with my family. They deserve that as much, if not more, than work
> deserves me to spend time with it. My wife is already being VERY
> supportive and accommodating with regards to my attending a non-work
> related class every other Saturday from March 1st until mid-September,
> which means SHE has to do all things related to the children during the
> time I'm at the class. She does it, though, because she knows I'm
> interested in this class and it's something I really enjoy.
>
> Samuel I. Beard, Jr.
> Technical Writer
> OI Analytical
> 979 690-1711 Ext. 222
> sbeard -at- oico -dot- com

"What I like to drink most is wine that belongs to others." - Diogenes

Need affordable web hosting? I recommend 1 & 1 - that's where I'm hosted!
http://www.1and1.com/?k_id=6815038

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList