RE: active vs. passive voice

Subject: RE: active vs. passive voice
From: "Nicola Harlow" <N -dot- Harlow -at- seamsltd -dot- com>
To: "Nancy Allison" <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>,<techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 15:21:44 -0000

I don't like 'appears' in documentation either.
I'm 5'10" and not a hairy biker, however I can muster up quite a lot of
distain when I need to.

Appears suggests something has been hidden and now revealed. Yep, it
probably is a personal preference, but as long as I'm consistent, I
shouldn't think a single user has ever cared... :)

Nicola