RE: Looking for Document Collaboration tool

Subject: RE: Looking for Document Collaboration tool
From: <WilliamFLawrence -at- eaton -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 15:18:07 -0400

1) If you really like Google Docs, you can set up Google Docs.
Essentially, you register a domain (or use any domain you already have)
and Google gives you the tools to set up a couple of hundred users in a
secure network environment. They also give you some pretty spiffy
administrative tools. Shameless Plug: I wrote one of the O'Reilly
Shortcut series about setting up such a domain. See the O'Reilly
website. It not only has security, but shared calendars, IM that can be
private to your domain users, etc.

2) If you have your own network and allow VPN access, you can set up
access to the Alfresco CMS. It may also have a gateway that you can
use. I'm a little rusty on Alfresco these days. Anyway, it's a great
CMS with all of the tools you're looking for...and there's a free
open-source version.

3) You can set up a Sharepoint Portal, which does have a secure gateway.
Also, it was designed to do just what you're trying to do. Only it
ain't free...

Cheers,

Bill

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList