RE: Period at the end of a link or not?

Subject: RE: Period at the end of a link or not?
From: "Will Sansbury" <wsansbury -at- alpha -dot- ipswitch -dot- com>
To: "'J Wermont'" <jwermont -at- sonic -dot- net>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 16:50:44 -0500

Yikes! I wonder how many of us will be fired for clicking on Joyce's
xxx-dot-com links without thinking. ;-)

But yes, Joyce, you're right. Adding a period to the end of a URL will more
often than not break the link. One alternative I've seen, which I believe
dates back to the early days of the web, is to enclose the URL in angle
brackets, like this:
Please see <http://www.willsansbury.com>.

Personally, I avoid visible URLs if the final output supports hyperlinks.
I'd must rather write "Please see _my Web site_." (with "my Web site"
linked, of course).

Will Sansbury