RE: practicalities of blogging

Subject: RE: practicalities of blogging
From: poshedly -at- bellsouth -dot- net
To: Chris Borokowski <athloi -at- yahoo -dot- com>, steve -at- writersbookmall -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 16:41:36 +0000

Chris,

I can only relate that my own experiences with GoDaddy were opposite of yours. Admittedly, it had nothing to do with blogging, but still, the support was -- in my opinion -- A1.

Specifically, I was trying to transfer the domain that I own and host for a nonprofit science organization moved from Bellsouth to GoDaddy. It was hell for me because I just wasn't up on the intricacies of web ownership and some of the terminology and procedures used by those who are very familiar with them.

I phoned Go Daddy's offices at various times and always got the same accurate answers to my questions about pricing and how-to's of moving the website. The Bellsouth folks were OK, but nowhere near as helpful; yep, they were losing the domain, but even the techs that I talked to there were more apt to tell me to e-mail Netsolutions and "they would help me" unlock and move the domain. Uh-uh. Nope.

The GoDaddy folks helped me move and then establish the website domain properly, cheerfully and professionally. It took a three-way conference call between me, a Bellsouth tech and a GoDaddy tech to get it done. And it was only when the Bellsouth tech was online with me and the GoDaddy tech did he begin to offer more specific information about the move.

Again, MY experiences with GoDaddy have all been positive. Maybe it won't always be that way in the future, but it sure was positive initially.

-- Ken in Atlanta

-------------- Original message from Chris Borokowski <athloi -at- yahoo -dot- com>: --------------