Re: Help me keep track of the time I spend writing, with meetings, and with Graphics.

Subject: Re: Help me keep track of the time I spend writing, with meetings, and with Graphics.
From: "heidi arnold" <heidi -dot- w -dot- arnold -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Bill Swallow" <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 13:49:19 +0100

hi, all,

a couple thots on time-tracking

i run a private shop. i do not have and never have had a written contract
with anyone. the last payment i got for something i wrote and published
was 150.00 dollars US, that was in 2005. my husband supported me in my
independent scholar and intellectual free range type of writing, peace
activism and so forth.

as for time tracking, i follow a _work as hard as possible for as long as
possible_ approach, usually on 7 day weeks. my work is mostly on paper and
the dated entries record the output or productivity in real terms, as
product.

i think in a somewhat infuriated post a couple of years ago i voiced the
opinion that money does not belong in the interested hallways, however
constricted and humble they may be, of the intellect. which is why i was
not hiring out my work, never agreed to do such, and never would have agreed
to any such thing. i realize opinions vary but without a meeting in person
about hiring my work, which i have never had, i would not make any such
change in my opinion. it is a matter of intellectual integrity, not
convenience, and not PR.

it is very easy to distort and misinterpret online discussion and hopefully
the internet will be a thing of the past before long. good luck in tracking
time. it goes the way of all flesh.

probably this whole post is OT. i have a sinus cold and a huge pile of work
here. apologies.

heidi

--
www.heidiarnold.org