RE: Including PDF Bookmarks for Tables and Figures

Subject: RE: Including PDF Bookmarks for Tables and Figures
From: "Sam Beard" <sbeard -at- oico -dot- com>
To: "Shlomo Perets" <shlomo2 -at- microtype -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 10:10:19 -0600

Richard and Shlomo,

Thanks very much for the quick responses!

Richard, I saw the PDF Setup box and how it worked before I wrote,
but I wasn't sure if it would do as I wanted. Thanks very much for
clarifying that, as well as for the tips on how to proceed with it. It
does seem to have done just what I was hoping it would do! The only
problem is something that Shlomo mentioned: the table and figure
bookmarks are buried inside of initially-collapsed headings. But, that's
not that big of a deal. It might be better to have something like Shlomo
mentioned, which is a list at the end (or beginning) of the bookmarks
list with all of them clustered there, instead. We'll see what sort of
feedback (if any) we get about this. I'll also mention to our tech
support folks that the tables and figures are now listed in the
bookmarks and see if they can get any feedback from customers about the
usefulness of this. We may end up going with something like Shlomo
suggested, in the long run. This is the first time they've been listed
in the bookmarks at all, so that's a plus, in my opinion, considering
how much information is in these figures and tables!

Thanks again, Richard and Shlomo, for the help!

Samuel I. Beard, Jr.
Technical Writer
OI Analytical
979 690-1711 Ext. 222