RE: using a wiki as your primary authoring tool & delivery mechanism

Subject: RE: using a wiki as your primary authoring tool & delivery mechanism
From: "Gordon McLean" <Gordon -dot- McLean -at- GrahamTechnology -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 10:21:36 -0000

I think it's slightly different if you are using a Wiki to 'document' an
application.

Most people who are interested in contribuing will be happy to register, and
will probably not vandalise anything (registering also re-enforces the idea
of ownership of edits, you are accountable if you change something as
everyone can see who edited what).

Some further reading for you:
Ann Gentle is doing a lot in this area - http://justwriteclick.com/
Wiki Patterns has loads of good thinking -
http://www.wikipatterns.com/display/wikipatterns/Wikipatterns
And I gave a presentation that might be of interest -
http://www.onemanwrites.co.uk/ticad-2007/

The best piece of advice I've read is to just start it and see what happens.

Wikis can take a little nuturing to get going but if you have a good core
group of users, contributing and actively editing, then it'll soon be an
excellent resource.

Best of luck!

Gordon McLean