RE: Adobe Acrobat--Need help with Shared Review

Subject: RE: Adobe Acrobat--Need help with Shared Review
From: <WilliamFLawrence -at- eaton -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 10:23:19 -0500

Gail,

I learned it by playing with it and figured it out by trial and error.
It actually works pretty well. We're using Sharepoint Services to host
the review copy, but you can use a network file share that everyone can
access as well.

In a nutshell, it works like this:

You set a PDF for a shared review and then select a location for the
shared version of the PDF file and the XML files that contain each
reviewers comments. Acrobat automagically pulls all of the comments
from these XML files so that you can see everyone's comments in the
review copy. As the final part of the process, Acrobat will prompt you
for a list of reviewers and send an email with a link to the review copy
and instructions for using the commenting features in Acrobat. I
believe this only works with Acrobat Reader version 7 and 8.

When each person opens the file for review, a little application is
downloaded (I think it runs as a service). This monitors updates to the
comments in the PDF file and alerts you (and everyone else) that
comments have been made. By the way, that application is very difficult
to get off of a machine once it's there.

We use Shared Reviews a lot as the developers on our teams are spread
across three cities.

If you get stuck, feel free to contact me directly.

Cheers,

Bill

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList