Re: Framemaker and RoboHelp

Subject: Re: Framemaker and RoboHelp
From: "Mike Starr" <mikestarr-techwr-l -at- writestarr -dot- com>
To: "Jim Barrow" <vrfour -at- verizon -dot- net>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 10:52:50 -0600

I can produce "marketing quality" print output in Frame, RoboHelp (export to
Word), or Word. However, the workflow I'm currently sold on is:

Create "marketing quality" print output in Word.
Import (one time only) to Doc-To-Help
Output the entire content of the Word document as a stylish help file (.CHM
or .HLP) or web help

If revisions are necessary, revise the document in Word, open my Doc-To-Help
project and redo the help output(s). It's not necessary to re-import the
Word document to Doc-To-Help; it already knows what to do with the revised
Word document. All I have to do is click Build.

I'm unsure whether you can achieve this level of simplicity with the Adobe
TCS (FrameMaker/RoboHelp).

Best regards,

Mike
--
Mike Starr WriteStarr Information Services
Technical Writer - Online Help Developer - Website developer