Re: Quotes/Comma question

Subject: Re: Quotes/Comma question
From: "Paul Pehrson" <paulpehrson -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 11:02:40 -0700

I suppose it depends on your audience. If you put the comma inside the
quote, a non-technical user might thing you are instructing them to type the
comma as well. In that case, a better option might be to split it up like
this:

1. When the Test Path screen appears, enter the following:
C:\Applications\test programs\TS3.exe
2. Click Next.

An advanced user probably won't make the same mistake, so you can just put
in your text in something like:

On the Test Path screen type C:\Applications\test programs\TS3.exe and click
Next.

(If your e-mail program doesn't show the HTML, the path is in a mono-spaced
font.)

Good luck,

-Paul Pehrson

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList