Re: MS Word screws up yet ANOTHER project?

Subject: Re: MS Word screws up yet ANOTHER project?
From: "Raj Machhan" <raj -dot- machhan -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Geoff Hart" <ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 10:45:53 +0530

Guess we are expecting too much out of MS Word. It is word processer and not
a tool meant for creating large documents containing styles and graphics. I
got my fingers burnt recently creating a 500 page System Design Document. I
am richer by experience and I can sum it up in two words: "Never Again!"
One reason why we tend to deploy Word for almost every task is its easy
availability. We can access it on almost every desktop or PC but this does
not automatically mean that we start using it for every assignment. The
software has some wonderful functions but creating large documents is
certainly not one of them.

Raj