RE: problems with eps graphics in framemaker

Subject: RE: problems with eps graphics in framemaker
From: "Butler, Darren J Ctr 584 CBSS/GBHAC" <Darren -dot- Butler -dot- ctr -at- Robins -dot- af -dot- mil>
To: "pacholkd" <pacholkd -at- comcast -dot- net>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 15:05:19 -0500

Hello,

'Need a bit more info.

>a good sized EPS graphic imported by reference can take 5 minuets

How large are these "good sized" graphics. *.eps files tend to be more
compact.

>trouble bringing up EPS graphics imported by reference in FrameMaker
7.2 and FrameMaker 8 documents. JPG, TIF, PNG, and other formats load
quickly

Have all the layers in the EPS been flattened? Is EPS the original
format for these files?

Are there links within the file to another type of format (such as TIF
or JPEG).

>This only happens when working off the server.

Do you have a different or backup server that you can experiment
not be giving you the whole picture

Blessings,

Darren

Darren J. Butler

Sr. Technical Writer-Editor, Template Wrangler, Mil-Spec Pharisee,
Conscript Technical Illustrator

Integrated Data for Maintenance

NG Corp