RE: Image file manipulation program?

Subject: RE: Image file manipulation program?
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: "Dave Kerschbaum" <dave -at- smackdabdesign -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:48:01 -0500

No linux, though.

That's often the kicker.

It's not so much the basic interface - most programs seem to be
converging in that respect, Windows or Linux - it's the little things,
the tips, tricks and gotchas where one must become accustomed to one set
of peculiarities, then re-acclimatize after booting into the other OS or
moving to the other computer.

That's just one reason why I like OpenOffice.org in the office-suite
space. Not just the interface remains the same. All the other subtlties
(and yes, some stupidities) are common from one OS to the next.

You're right about The GIMP being confusing. I've still got about 99.4
percent of The GIMP to learn, which is why I'm looking for something
lighter. I want a tool, not a project. :-)