Re: [TCP] Telecommuting has mostly positive consequences for employeesand employers

Subject: Re: [TCP] Telecommuting has mostly positive consequences for employeesand employers
From: "Raj Machhan" <raj -dot- machhan -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Bill Swallow" <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:54:10 +0530

Telecommuting is the best tool to increase productivity. The advantages are
tremendous. But be careful, if the boss or the company does not want it, it
could prove fatal for any employee. I was recently reading a Scott Adams
book. The guy is hilarious. Most of the examples put forward by him sound
quite unbelievable.
But I was wrong. Fact actually is stranger than fiction. The bosses or
managers are very much capable of doing strange things and a friend of mine
discovered it the hard way subsequent to a recent experience that certainly
qualifies for inclusion in Scott Adams books.
He now realizes that it is no use standing up for anything that benefits the
organization as a whole. On the other hand it makes sense to go with what
the boss or the manager tells you, no matter how ridiculous it is.
Telecommuting may work wonders for the organization but I guess it is better
to leave it alone if the boss does like it. :)

Wishing a happy thanksgiving to the Techwrl community.