RE: Framers List and question about text insets in FrameMaker

Subject: RE: Framers List and question about text insets in FrameMaker
From: Fred Ridder <docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: Caroline Tabach <caroline -dot- tabach -at- gmail -dot- com>, Tech Whirlers <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 10:42:09 -0500

Caroline Tabach asked:

> I remember reading that there is some issue with an extra carriage return at
> the end of text insets, but I cannot remember what it was all about.
>
> I have a document where I have put a text inset
>
> There is an extra space in the main document after adding the text inset.
>
> How do I solve this?

Text insets are imported text flows, and always include the end-of-flow
mark when inserted. Make sure that the last paragraph of text in the
inset file contains the end-of-flow mark (i.e. that you don't see the
end-of-flow mark all by itself at the bottom of the file), and you
should be OK.

There are also some formatting issues that relate to the tagging and
contents (or lack thereof) of the paragraph where you insert the inset,
but that's not likely to be the problem you're having here.

Fred Ridder

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList