Re: Occupational titles AKA poking the bear with a stick

Subject: Re: Occupational titles AKA poking the bear with a stick
From: <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>
To: "Milan Davidovic" <milan -dot- lists -at- gmail -dot- com>, "Cardimon, Craig" <ccardimon -at- m-s-g -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 16:18:38 -0500

Milan Davidovic mentioned:

> http://www.stepfour.com/jobs/titlesa.htm

which has an "official" list of job titles. It's amazing how wrong
and out of date so much of it is.

I have looked up some of my various job titles on that web site.

Found:
Computer programmer (but I didn't do what's listed there)
Livestock rancher (farmer)
Photographer (but I'm not limited to nightclubs like the description)
Electronics technician (yes, electron tubes! They got that part right!)
Calculating machine operator
Teacher
Museum technician (but I worked with exhibit equipment, not fossils)
Prooofreader

Not found:
Technical writer (******** !!! ********)
Copy editor
Livestock wrangler
Pony ride operator
Stringer (freelance newspaper reporter)
Scientific translator (they have scientific linguist, not the same thing)
Petting zoo operator
Seamstress (I believe that I am the only man on three planets
who sews on buttons and darns socks)
Substitute teacher
Street performer
Advertising salesman