Re: OT - Errors on cover letters

Subject: Re: OT - Errors on cover letters
From: "Susan Hogarth" <hogarth -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 16:23:13 -0500

On Nov 5, 2007 3:50 PM, <poshedly -at- bellsouth -dot- net> wrote:
> And Yo! Susan! Today's home construction is NOT necessarily better. ...

Wow. Did I say it was? I was pretty sure I was making a simple point
that evident disparities in survival rates (i.e. most old houses we
see have been kept around for a reason, and a big reason is that they
didn't suck) could cause a -perception- that
older-is-necessarily-better.

Thanks for pointing out that my writing was unclear and very easy for
even a fellow writer to misunderstand. I am shamed.

Or else this demonstrates the theorem that old farts simply cannot
resist the charm of 'back in the day' stories.

Reality: there have always been poor writers and crappy houses. There
seems to me to be no good evidence, and only marginal anecdotal
evidence, to suggest that the proportion of crappy houses or sucky
writers has increased dramatically.

Of course *I* also beleive that writing has showed decline in some
areas. But I am on the verge of old-fartism myself, so there again the
observation is skewed.

--
Susan Hogarth
http://www.colliething.com