Re: What is the best term to use?

Subject: Re: What is the best term to use?
From: Jan Cohen <najnehoc -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Janice Gelb <Janice -dot- Gelb -at- Sun -dot- COM>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com, Zen C <zenizenc -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 22:12:09 -0700 (PDT)

I should also mention that applets are often used as front ends in database management. As part of their functionality, they can provide the program interface, with all the required tabs, buttons, and other gizmos, that allow users to perform transactions.

Now back to Zen's original question...

Zen provided the following examples in his (or her - sorry Zen, don't know which) search of correct terminology:

"For example:
You can now make the Payments application a read only to avoid unauthorized access.

You can now make the Payments tab a read only to avoid unauthorized access."

Depends on the context, but might I suggest:

You can now restrict the users of the Payments application to read only access, to avoid unauthorized transactions.

jan c.