Re: Just promoted to Sr. TW!

Subject: Re: Just promoted to Sr. TW!
From: John Hedtke <john -at- hedtke -dot- com>
To: Michelle Vina-Baltsas <Michelle_Vina-Baltsas -at- datascope -dot- com>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 10:35:46 -0700

At 07:27 AM 10/18/2007, Michelle Vina-Baltsas wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>I'm happy to report that I've just been promoted to Sr. Technical Writer!
>It's been a long time coming and I'm very pleased. My new job description
>is somewhat vague because we're in a slight transition phase right now.
>We're considering moving to XML, are in the process of implementing a CMS,
>and are also embarking on writing documentation for a whole new product
>line. The Tech Pubs department I'm in has a manager and two other
>full-time TW's, plus one TW contractor.
>
>I've discussed my new position with the department manager and she has
>described the position as "managing the day-to-day activities of the other
>TW's". Since this is the first Sr. writer in the group, we agree that
>it's going to take some time to adequately describe the position.
>
>How would the other Sr. Tech Writers out there describe their positions?
>Are you still writing a lot?
>
>Feedback would be appreciated.
>
>Thank you,
>Michelle Vina-Baltsas
>Senior Technical Writer
>michelle_vina-baltsas -at- datascope -dot- com

Congratulations, Michelle!

As a senior writer in my day job, I'm busy with writing manuals,
help, and the usual lot. It's also been my responsibility to help
the Tech Pubs Manager, mentor junior writers, and develop
departmental process.

Senior writers should show initiative for developing projects and
ideas, take the lead on things, and try to be exothermic.

Yours truly,

John Hedtke
Author/Consultant/Contract Writer
www.hedtke.com <-- website
541-685-5000 (office landline)
541-554-2189 (cell)
john -at- hedtke -dot- com (primary email)
johnhedtke -at- aol -dot- com (secondary email)

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList