How to?

Subject: How to?
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 17:43:40 -0400

I suppose this is not totally tech-writing related, but I needed an
excuse to post a test message to the list, AND you lot are a smart,
well-traveled bunch, so....

A decade or so late, I finally got myself a web-cam.

When it's _not_ in useful use - i.e., most of the time - I'd like to get
a tad more use out of it. Here's what I want to do.

I would like a Windows XP compatible screen-saver to accept the web-cam
feed and play its full-motion video onscreen as the screen-saver
picture. Either the picture should be upsampled to fill the screen
(1600x1200), or else the 640x480 live video should rove around an
otherwise black screen.

My googling has shown several that present the contents of a video file,
but only a few that present a live feed.

Has anybody tried any that they can recommend?

I want to avoid being a pioneer if I can help it - they're the ones with
the arrows in their butts... (or the viruses on their PCs)

In particular, I'd want the thing to stop sucking resources as soon as I
unlock the session to resume working.

Suggestions? Faves?

Kevin

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList