Re: Word 2007?

Subject: Re: Word 2007?
From: "Jonathan West" <jwest -at- mvps -dot- org>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 18:43:12 +0100

> And oh yeah... the miserable #$%^! decided that we Mac users weren't
> worth the time to port the macro language. That means I'll still have
> to keep Word X (ca. 2002?) installed just so I can run my macros.
> Idjits. If you want to kill off MacOffice in the business world, you
> couldn't possibly have chosen a smarter strategy.

I already told them that, forcefully, in public, back in August 2006.
Take a look at the following link.

http://www.schwieb.com/blog/2006/08/

and view the comments on the "News of the Day", "Saying goodbye to
Visual Basic" and "So tell us what you want, what you really really
want!" articles. The dropping of VBA caused a trmendous storm at the
time

Also look here
http://blogs.msdn.com/rick_schaut/archive/2006/08/09/693499.aspx

I didn't pull my punches. In comments on the latter article I said:

"Effectively, your answer means that Mac Office is abandoning the
corporate market. Your corporate customers will not care that your job
was difficult, they will only see that you dropped out of the job of
ensuring that the next version of Office can run the programs that
they ran in the last version. They will not upgrade. They will do one
or more of the following:

1. Continue to use older versions of MacOffice for as long as possible

2. Consider moving across to Office for Windows

3. Consider moving away from Microsoft altogether, lest they find
themselves in the same position with regard to VBA in Office for
Windows in the future.

None of those will result in revenue to the MacBU. "

Regards
Jonathan West

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList