RE: Field-specific Help

Subject: RE: Field-specific Help
From: "Lauren" <lt34 -at- csus -dot- edu>
To: "'l m'" <lm5582002 -at- yahoo -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 16:28:14 -0700

I would provide a very brief "basics" section in the event there is somebody
who might have an 'interesting' interpretation of what a particular fields
mean. It can also put you in the mindset of catching help issues that you
might otherwise miss. Like a recent change in the system for a credit card
company that I use required that I create a new user logon and password. I
tried, and got the error that "username must be in the proper format."
"Great," I thought to myself, "which format?" The web page didn't have any
help for the form. Sometimes, even the 'basics' require explanation.

Lauren