RE: Monkey Business

Subject: RE: Monkey Business
From: "Lauren" <lt34 -at- csus -dot- edu>
To: "'Richard Lewis'" <tech44writer -at- yahoo -dot- com>, "'Gene Kim-Eng'" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 23:35:05 -0700

From: Richard Lewis [mailto:tech44writer -at- yahoo -dot- com]

Hey, I thought Gene was joking. There is plenty of joking around on
this listserv. And questions made jokingly are often not answered.

My answe to Gene's question: Yes specs are important. I am a big
proponent of specing before development. But again, up to 98% of the
required work in specing is coming up with a comprehensive, integrated As-Is
document.

Richard Lewis

-------------

Hi Richard, Rick, Tony Markos, Anthony John Markatos, socket-puppet number
nine, or whomever you are,

When you pose what seems like a valid concern or topic of discussion and
then you do not answer an equally valid question about the topic, you leave
the impression that you really do not know the answer. Not knowing how to
answer questions about your own arguments tends to undermine the validity of
your arguments.

By the way, could you give me an industry-recognized title of what you are
calling a "comprehensive, integrated As-Is document"? Also, could you
provide any industry cites that support your use of the term "as-is"?

My comments and questions are not jokes. I am getting the impression that
you are trying to waste the time and energy of people on this forum with
inane and circular discourse that is spawned from some personal
self-amusement that I do not understand. I also question if you really
understand the technical communication environment, as you frequently use
your own terms to describe concepts that already have widely-accepted terms
to describe them.

Lauren

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList