RE: No Time to Read

Subject: RE: No Time to Read
From: Richard Lewis <tech44writer -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "Cardimon, Craig" <ccardimon -at- M-S-G -dot- com>, Nancy Allison <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 09:28:29 -0700 (PDT)

If one is going to go anywhere in life, he/she needs to be a big picture person. Unfortunately, you can not be focused on the big picture and the implementation details at the same time. One of the biggest detractors to success in life is constantly having to focus on the details. Such is a huge initiative killer in seeking the bigger picture.

I tell my bank, no I am not going to study your 35 block quick-and-easy flow diagram on how to reach customer service. I just want to pick up the phone, call a number, and ask my question. That is all I am willing to do; my time is for bigger issues.

In TWing, my focus on the big picture has enabled me to come into deeply trouble large-scale projects, thrown away requirements specifications that consisted of tons-and-tons of tiny little text, and then created data flow diagrams with a little supporting text that saved the day.

Richard Lewis

"Cardimon, Craig" <ccardimon -at- M-S-G -dot- com> wrote:

<<
I've come late to this thread and am also going to wing it by guessing
that the discussion is about naming a section that is for people who are
unlikely to read the rest of the doc.

I humbly offer this revision of Craig's suggestion:

Instead of

>_For People Who Don't Have Time To Read Instructions_

I propose

"No Time to Read Instructions?"

Maybe someone else can whittle this down further, for those really,
really busy people!

-Nancy >>

I like it.

-- Craig

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as tech44writer -at- yahoo -dot- com -dot-

or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/tech44writer%40yahoo.com

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList