Re: Auto-launch manual CD

Subject: Re: Auto-launch manual CD
From: "Rick Stone" <rstone75 -at- kc -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "Lauren" <lt34 -at- csus -dot- edu>, "'Bill Swallow'" <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>, <arroxaneullman -at- aol -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 15:11:15 -0500

Hi all

Just a little tidbit that I don't recall seeing listed among all the links
provided in this thread.

I create autorun files sometimes for Adobe Captivate files. It seems autorun
may fail or have issues with starting something where the file name is
longer than the old DOS 8.3 naming convention. So I regularly advise folks
that are considering autorunning files to ensure that instead of something
like:

My Favorite Movie In the Whole wonderful Wide World.EXE

You name the .EXE file following the DOS 8.3 standard. Perhaps something
like:

MyFavMov.EXE

As long as autorunning CDs has not been disabled, I've never seen it fail
using the shorter file names.

Cheers... Rick :)