Re: Newsletter bid question

Subject: Re: Newsletter bid question
From: "dick schellens" <dick -dot- schellens -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Susan Hogarth" <hogarth -at- gmail -dot- com>, Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 16:24:22 -0400

Hi Susan,

The 30 day trial should be fully functional (unless Adobe has changed things
within the last 6 months). InDesign is wonderful... you will love it if you
have been working in Quark up to now.

How much to charge? DON'T UNDERESTIMATE! 8 to 24 pages is a very wide
range... are you going to be the "news hound"... finding all the stories and
interviewing people? ... that will take TONS of time before you even start
writing, editing, and designing.

I would do this only by the hour figuring what is reasonable in your area
and with the caveat that you want to get this job and you don't have too
much experience. In NH, I would probably charge $35/hr. You will be amazed
at how many hours it will take. Part of your job as a professional is to
prepare the customer for the size of the project (and bill) early on. I
would also try to get paid every 2 or 3 weeks.

Hope this helps,

Dick