RE: Firefox vs IE - help

Subject: RE: Firefox vs IE - help
From: Chris Borokowski <athloi -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Gordon McLean <Gordon -dot- McLean -at- GrahamTechnology -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 09:03:18 -0700 (PDT)

That doesn't work so well when you have many projects.

I prefer to pick the tool for the task. For a wedding site, I'd use
simple HTML with a focus on browser compatibility.

For anything more complex, I'd spend time writing scripts and then use
widely compatible HTML 4 for the generated code. If your website is
more than five pages, there's no excuse for having a static site -- it
doesn't make sense in this day and age, especially with so many good
and free content management systems available.

http://www.cmsmatrix.org/

You'll notice I'm somewhat uncompromising on this. After living through
the dot-com hype, and bust, I'm very leery of what the two primarily
delusional groups (corporates and open sourcers) advocate, because it's
usually very far from the truth that people must live if they actually
care about getting something done. Word to the wise from someone who's
been around the curve on this one...

--- Gordon McLean <Gordon -dot- McLean -at- GrahamTechnology -dot- com> wrote:

> Personally I think it's worth the time and effort to learn the
> basics, grab
> a template, and use that.

http://technical-writing.dionysius.com/
technical writing | consulting | development

http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList