Re: Linking from excel to word.

Subject: Re: Linking from excel to word.
From: "Edgar D' Souza" <edgar -dot- b -dot- dsouza -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Sairam Prasath.D" <sairamprasath -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 12:36:10 +0530

Though I haven't done this, and can't check it out now (no access to MS
Office), I presume you should be able to create bookmarks for each of your
"Test Description" headings, and link to a specific bookmark.
Your proposed method makes no sense. How is the reader/user to distinguish
between 5 links/headers, all of which, presumably, just say "Test
Description"? Additionally, I am guessing that you need to link to a
specific description in the Word doc from a specific test case data sheet in
your Excel spreadsheet; why you want some sort of popup to confuse the user
is beyond my understanding. I'd advise you to just put in separate links in
your XLS from each test case to the specific description which corresponds
to that test case.

HTH
Ed.

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList