Re: Working later than the boss - Part II

Subject: Re: Working later than the boss - Part II
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 13:17:54 -0700

I got it from three things:

1. Employee appears to perceive flextime as something
he/she is entitled to, and expects his/her manager to
work according to his/her expectations.

2. Manager has assigned employee "senior" responsibilities
as her "backup," but has notten secured for the employee
the commensurate title and (most likely) compensation,
and has certainly not worked out an arrangement that the
employee considers mutually convenient and acceptable.

3. Managing by dropping "hints" instead of coming out
and saying what is required.

As a manager I don't think the employee has a case with
#1, but as an employee I see #2 and #3 as major bad
management red flags.

Once your disagreement with these has progressed from
mere dissatisfaction to anger and resentment, the situation
is unsalvageable and it's time to move on.

And bad managers never change their ways, do they?

Gene Kim-Eng