RE: 40-hour weeks (was Re: FWD: Lack...)

Subject: RE: 40-hour weeks (was Re: FWD: Lack...)
From: <richard -dot- melanson -at- us -dot- tel -dot- com>
To: <mary_arrotti -at- yahoo -dot- com>, <athloi -at- yahoo -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 16:19:02 -0400

Tap, tap tap!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: techwr-l-bounces+richard -dot- melanson=us -dot- tel -dot- com -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com [mailto:techwr-l-bounces+richard -dot- melanson=us -dot- tel -dot- com -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com] On Behalf Of Mary Arrotti
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 3:21 PM
To: Chris Borokowski; techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

I referred to people *rigidly holding* to 40-hour weeks. Again - in my experience - there are times when a job or project just can't get done in 40 hours - even by the most efficient & capable person. In that situation, if someone only works 40 hour weeks - something gets missed - either quality or the deadline.

I've interviewed for more than one position where it's been stated that overtime *is required.* Having to work overtime is not uncommon for many people. This does not mean that those people are incapable or inefficient.

The point is that very, very few people want to work more than 40 hours a week. The reality is that many of us have to - our jobs and workloads (and sometimes pride & self-respect) require it.

Chris Borokowski <athloi -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:
I resent the accusation that 40-hour diehards work less. There are many
of us who want to work efficiently and get out of the office. There was
never in my statement any slight toward those who like to work more,
only the statement that working more than 40 hours a week, bar
emergencies, is not necessary.

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as richard -dot- melanson -at- us -dot- tel -dot- com -dot-

or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/richard.melanson%40us.tel.com

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList