Re: Lack of self-awareness in a writer...what to do

Subject: Re: Lack of self-awareness in a writer...what to do
From: "Pro TechWriter" <pro -dot- techwriter -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 12:23:30 -0400

I missed the "3" on the performance review part. (My apologies.) Gene is
right, that does add another level of difficulty with your task at hand, and
I agree. Move step 3 to step 1, go to HR.

HTH,
PT

On 7/2/07, Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com> wrote:

> Unfortunately, for the most part it is. You've discussed Tom's
> shortcomings with him previously, but then you gave him a
> review rating of 3, which in most companies means "meets
> expectations" *for the employee's current position.* Having
> just officially declared that Tom's performance meets all the
> expectations for his senior writing position, you must now
> throw out everything you have said to him in the past about
> his shortcomings and start the performance documentation/
> improvement process from the beginning the next time he
> fouls up (which, from your description probably won't be
> very long). See Pro Techwriter's response for a description
> of a possible improvement/poor performance documentation
> process, but in your case move Step 3, Go to HR, up to
> Step 1.
>
> Gene Kim-Eng

PT
pro -dot- techwriter -at- gmail -dot- com
I'm a Technical Technical Writer!

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList