Re: Globally changing word styles?

Subject: Re: Globally changing word styles?
From: "CapDev Communications" <capdev -dot- communications -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Van Boening, Tammy" <tammy -dot- vanboening -at- fiserv -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 15:19:38 -0700

A note on the macro mentioned in the Jack Lyons Editorium article.

I asked a software engineer to check out the macro first, before I applied
it to documents and recommended it to others. It worked beautifully--no
problems--until I took it to the next step and asked document owners to send
the engineer their worst cases. He then ran into some problems with the
macro not working on headers, footers, and text boxes. Also, there was a
problem with Word removing bold and italics, even though there was no style
just for bold and italics. He was able to modify the macro to apply to
headers and footers and not remove bold and italics. It still does not work
on text boxes.

Jack Lyons's macro is an excellent start, but it was published in 2004. I
encourage people to have a software engineer test it on a range of test
files that represent your documents and modify as necessary.

fyi,
Pat

On 6/29/07, Van Boening, Tammy <tammy -dot- vanboening -at- fiserv -dot- com> wrote:

> LOL! No worries Bonnie - you are correct. I have tons and tons of
> documents and EACH document needs its own unique cleanup effort!
>
> Thanks for all of the help!
>
> TVB
>

> Tammy L. Van Boening
> Senior Technical Writer
> Fiserv Insurance Solutions
> Property and Casualty Division
> 303-729-7733
> tammy -dot- vanboening -at- fiserv -dot- com
> Keep smiling, at least until you get your own way.

Patricia Egan

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList