RE : Re: and/or?

Subject: RE : Re: and/or?
From: "Raj Machhan" <raj -dot- machhan -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 06:46:18 +0530

Yves wrote:
>Thanks for that. Raj's request sounds like the "Strength of the weak"
argument
that Lyotard talks about. :-)>

Yves:

Thanks for introducing me to Lyotard and the "Strength of the weak"
argument. Sounds interesting. :)
The sole aim of my request concerning the style guide was to arrive at a
definite conclusion about the usage of "and/or" in technical documentation.
I thought it would be useful to find out whether we have any other logical
perspective in support of "and/or".
Technical writing is a dynamic field and is evolving constantly. Guess we do
not have any option but to dive deep before forming an opinion.

Regards,

Raj