RE: Employment question

Subject: RE: Employment question
From: "Dori Green" <dgreen -at- associatedbrands -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 13:00:55 -0400

Be tactful and kind, just as you would be with a bad date. In other words, lie like a rug. Avoid conflict at any cost.

Or be really radical and talk openly about the feelings of non fit. It is said that conflict can actually bring people closer together. I've seen it happen, but I'm a trainer of trainers in creative conflict resolution and I'm getting ready to pack and move because of my neighbor conflict so take anything I say with a pound of salt.

Many of us have acquaintances with whom there's a spoken or unspoken agreement never to bring up politics, religion, or anything else the might trigger Armageddon. I have two sisters with whom I maintain civility because we abide by that agreement. If the interviewee wants the job/is desperate enough to need the job despite this potential tension point -- one that probably will be no more comfortable for him than for the rest of the team -- _and_ he'd be good for the project because of his experience and skills -- wouldn't it be new and different if everybody could go into the situation with no hidden agendas and just concentrate on getting the job done?

Dori Green

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList