RE: Delete cell from table in Word? Take 2!

Subject: RE: Delete cell from table in Word? Take 2!
From: "Joyce Fetterman" <Joycef -at- gtsoftware -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 10:18:17 -0400

I tried to be brief in my original post, but I think maybe more
explanation is in order.

I inherited a Word document that consists of a table, 3 columns by 30 or
so rows. Each cell contains a small picture (of a pet available for
adoption) and a small amount of descriptive text (name, age). The table
is in alphabetical order by pet name.

When a pet is adopted, I need to remove that picture from the table;
when a new pet is brought in, I need to insert a cell for its picture in
the correct alphabetical order. I was hoping for a way to do that
without leaving empty cells (after adoptions) or creating an entire row
to insert one new cell.

Amanda Bailey Calista

Dewey Ebenezer Felicia

Georgia Henry Isabelle

When Calista is adopted, I want to delete her picture and have Dewey's
pic move into that spot (and Ebenezer's into Dewey's old spot, etc.) If
we bring in Hank, I want to insert his pic before Henry's, move Isabelle
into the next row, and so on.

Does that make sense? I have to pass this document on to someone else
eventually, so it needs to be fairly easy to maintain by people who are
not Word power users. If you wouldn't use Word for this, what would you
use?

The easiest solution would be to put one pet per row, but that makes the
document too long.

I'm running Word 2003 on WinXP.

Many thanks!
Joyce