RE: Automatic editing?

Subject: RE: Automatic editing?
From: Chris Borokowski <athloi -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: 'Techwr-l' <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 11:47:46 -0700 (PDT)

Is it related to this?

Automatic writing is the most direct of Surrealist
techniques.

Sit at a table with pen and paper; put yourself in a
'receptive' frame of mind, and start writing. Continue
writing without thinking of what is appearing beneath
your pen. Write as fast as you can. If, for some
reason, the flow stops,leave a space and immediately
begin again by writing down the first letter of the
next sentence. Choose this letter at random before you
begin, for instance, a 't', and always begin this new
sentence with a 't'. Although in the purest version of
automatism nothing is 'corrected' or re-written the
unexpected material produced by this method can be
used as the basis for further composition. What is
crucial is the unpremeditated free association that
creates the basic text.

-- Surrealist Games (Alastair Brotchie, Redstone
Press)

http://www.duke.edu/web/lit132/automatic.html

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Thirty-1-year-old+Martin%22&sourceid=navcl