Re: QuarkXPress 7 vs Adobe InDesign CS

Subject: Re: QuarkXPress 7 vs Adobe InDesign CS
From: "Raj Machhan" <raj -dot- machhan -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Pinkham, Jim" <Jim -dot- Pinkham -at- voith -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 21:47:54 +0530

Thanks Jim,

The document is around 500 pages and is pretty heavy on graphics with
special effects such as shadows, transparency, image morphing etc. Compared
to an online help file, which is designed to let you quickly find answers to
specific queries, a User Guide/User Manual is a printed or online
document that describes how to use an application (To give you a better
idea, I am sure you must have seen a User Guides/Manuals with technical
gizmos, cameras, mobile phones etc.) A User Guide/Manual generally adopts a
step-by-step approach while describing the features/functionality of
a product. I don't have a problem with the learning curve as I have enough
time to master any of the two.

Raj