RE: how long does "fixing" a document take

Subject: RE: how long does "fixing" a document take
From: "James Barrow" <vrfour -at- verizon -dot- net>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 07:16:23 -0700

>neilson -at- windstream -dot- net wrote:
>>Carrie Baker asked:
>>
>>All in all, I am fixing the English, adding formatting, (headings, numbers
>>whatever is required), and making sure the whole thing makes sense and
>>works.
>>
>>This seems to be taking me a long time. How long do you think something
>>like this should take??
>
>Two pages a day, exactly.
>
>Unless of course there are any difficulties, such as:

Wow. I know that this is supposed to be the baseline average, but two pages
per day seems very, very low to me. That's one page in four hours.
Remember, this task is 'fixing' a document, not writing steps/procedures
from scratch. Even in the worst case scenario:

- Other task activities that were not documented.
- Landing screens that were not captured.
- Incomplete steps/procedures.
- Temporary subject matter expert absence.
- Features/functionality added after the original document was created.

This should take no more than three days, given that you are able to
dedicate 100% of your time to this project.

- Jim

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList