RE: Medical Disabilty/Contracting/Jobs

Subject: RE: Medical Disabilty/Contracting/Jobs
From: "Lauren" <lt34 -at- csus -dot- edu>
To: "'Pro TechWriter'" <pro -dot- techwriter -at- gmail -dot- com>, "'Fred Ridder'" <docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 13:13:59 -0700

I think that the mention of macular degeneration is fascinating, so I looked
it up. Apparently, we should all have our eyes checked regularly because it
can happen to anyone and it can't be stopped, but its progress can be slowed
with early detection.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/maculardegeneration.html

Care to learn more than you thought you should know about vision impairment
and blindness?
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/visionimpairmentandblindness.html

I found a tunnel vision info web page on a blindness web site from the
Foundation Fighting Blindness (FFB). The site uses contrast and font
choices to accommodate people with vision difficulties. The site is a nice
example of how to prepare a vision-impaired-friendly web site. Check out
the styles for the text links. For me, the line width also changes when I
mouseover some of the menu links. Visit the "Text Only" side of site for
more contrast.
http://www.blindness.org/content.asp?id=45

Years ago, I was programming web applications that had user-selected
"themes." One of the themes was a high-contrast theme to accommodate a
network engineer that had some vision difficulty. My high-contrast theme
was not as good as the styles and formats chosen by the FFB.

Lauren

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList