Re: Indian jobs?

Subject: Re: Indian jobs?
From: "Prashanth Menon" <prashanthv -dot- menon -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Sandy Harris" <sandyinchina -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 10:37:33 +0530

> Sandy Harris wrote: <<The obvious
> possibility would be India, probably Bangalore. I've sent off a few
> resumes via Monster India without much reaction. I suspect they're
> mostly looking for cheap new grads.>>

I cannot comment on why your prospective clients are not responding
when you show interest.But I can tell you, because I am working in
Bangalore (and being part of my company's recruitment panel), that
qualified/quality technical writers are *still* difficult to find,
especially the ones with domain knowledge. I say still because
technical writing training institutes have sprouted in every nook and
corner making up (in numbers) for the shortage. Despite that many of
my friends in other companies approach me with job offers or seek
reference for entry level to senior positions (0-12 years).

Please send me your resume and I'll check with them if they are
interested in your profile.

Geoff Hart suggested:
> You should probably join the Technical Writers of India (http://
> groups.yahoo.com/group/technical_writers_india/) group and ask your
> question there. Nice bunch of people, and a lot of job opportunities
> get advertised in the e-mailings. Don't forget to broaden your search
> to include Hyderabad (Cyberabad <g>), another major IT source. Beyond
> that, I have only a sketchy knowledge of the employment situation in
> India, so I can't really provide any better advice.

Please also take a look at the TWIN website: http://twin-india.org/
(In the Jobs section, the first two jobs listed are for senior writer
position based in Bangalore. And there are more...) :o)

Regards,
Prashanth

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList