RE: This too is technical communication

Subject: RE: This too is technical communication
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Dan Goldstein <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 14:28:23 -0700 (PDT)

--- Dan Goldstein <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com> wrote:

> Nice try, John, but no cigar. They were fined $613 million for
> refusing to divulge information. It's got nothing to do with either
> the quality of their technical writing or the overall value of
> technical writing to the product.

au contraire, mon ami...I think I DO get a cigar...

"EU Competition Commissioner Neelie Kroes told the Guardian that she
was near the end of her patience. "I don't have eternal life," Kroes
remarked. "I am not impressed if someone says 90 percent of the
information is already there when we need 100 percent. It's a jigsaw
and some parts are missing... In my opinion, this information should
have been here a couple of months ago."

Those who have seen Microsoft's documentation have found it lacking.
For instance, EC regulators pored through several hundred pages
devoted to descriptions of how to handle errors, but found nothing
describing how the errors might happen in the first place. An
exasperated Microsoft offered to license the source code earlier this
year, but the EC said it wasn't interested, preferring "thorough"
documentation instead."

I'm partial to Partagas Maduro #8

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"They say everyone needs goals. Mine is to live forever.
So far, so good."

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList