Re: Altium Designer --> line drawing

Subject: Re: Altium Designer --> line drawing
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 15:13:33 -0700

Most CAD apps allow the user to create layers, which can be used to
sort information and turned on and off as desired. However, if your
engineer isn't using the app's layer manager in this way, there's nothing
you can do about it after the fact.

If the design elements are sorted by display colors instead of layers,
you can try having the engineer export in Postscript format (or export
PS from the PDF using Acrobat) nto apps like Illustrator or CorelDraw
and sort into layers based on color during the import. But if everything
is on the same layer and in the same color, I don't think there's any
alternative to bringing in the entire file and manually deleting what you
don't need.

Gene Kim-Eng