RE: A Survey: Do You Name Your Images in a Std Way?

Subject: RE: A Survey: Do You Name Your Images in a Std Way?
From: "zzPinkham, zzJim" <Jim -dot- Pinkham -at- voith -dot- com>
To: "Martinek, Carla" <CMartinek -at- zebra -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 09:17:28 -0500

It's a valid point. For us, it wouldn't be a problem unless both Fig_10
and Fig_11 were rotating assemblies for the XYZ 10, which is not likely,
probably not possible. In other words, the rest of the name is
sufficient for identification.

But it does raise the specter of having to rename all the subsequent
images in the chapter to fit the new one in. That would be troublesome.
The other option would be to cheat a little and add something unique to
the new figure's filename that didn't disturb the sequence. Of course,
that's not ideal, either. So I appreciate the food for thought.

In any event, both of us are reinforcing the case for standardization
that OP asked about: The more room for inconsistency or lack of clarity
equals the more room for grief.