Re: Most embarasssing error (was Finding errors in manuals)

Subject: Re: Most embarasssing error (was Finding errors in manuals)
From: "Suzette Leeming" <suzette -dot- leeming -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Van Boening, Tammy" <tammy -dot- vanboening -at- fiserv -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 20:00:24 -0400

I was updating manuals for a company last year and I came across several
instances where sentences were left incomplete and other instances where it
would say something like, "The ABC screen (window, box, what do we call
this?)" were left in the manual. I asked them how them expected their
customers to read their manuals, when obviously their own staff didn't.
Several places where the company name and the product name were misspelled.

How about bone-head comments like "The Reverse Payment option is where you
can reverse a payment."

Weird stuff.

Suzette Leeming
Stouffville, Ontario

--
Need affordable web hosting? I recommend 1 & 1 - that's where I'm hosted!
http://www.1and1.com/?k_id=6815038

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList