Dreamweaver Aggravation 2.1

Subject: Dreamweaver Aggravation 2.1
From: Evelyn Lee Barney <evbarney -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 14:12:12 -0400

This time I found the bug!

I had to add td valign="top" to this string: <td width="592" height="740" align="center">

You know, that has to be the most frustrating thing about technical communication. How to ask the right question, and how to know what people are really asking. No matter how many ways I googled this one, everything I read said "add td valign="top" Okay - did that, NOW what? >grin< nothing I read said where. It just happened to dawn on me as I read the code over for what seemed like the millionth time.

BTW - I'm a student in this field. A middle-aged re-career-er. You may be hearing more from me.

Thanks!

Ev

Well ? the good news about my previous problem is that it forced me to learn to create templates in the layout mode. Okay ? the DESIGN looks much cleaner. But now the text won't go where I want it to. I have an editable region ? a table for the body content. The code for the table reads:

<!--DWLayoutTable-->

Notice it does say valign=?top?

Where does the text go? Valign=?center? !! Leaving, obviously, a huge, gaping, empty filed where my text should start.

It will move left, right or center on the horizontal plane however I code it. But vertical? Hmph.

The table is nested.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ev