RE: Quality documentation helps software spread

Subject: RE: Quality documentation helps software spread
From: "Cardimon, Craig" <ccardimon -at- M-S-G -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 10:21:57 -0400

<< I like to think that having an articulate manual
spreads good software. Anyone have any other Friday
"docs save the day" style war stories? >>

It is a bit late for a Friday story, but here it is anyway. We have a
procedure for the "remotes" (the people who work remotely) to use to log
into our company's system. They must download this, run that, be
authenticated, get through the firewall, and finally do whatever it is
they do.

This procedure isn't really standardized, which is where I volunteered
to step in. The problem was, I couldn't make the process work for
myself. Well, I finally made it function this weekend. Hurray! I am now
able to work from home if I have to, just like most everyone else in the
21st Century.

I began writing the documentation this morning. I let my manager and the
IT guys know what I'm doing, and now it's in my lap.

-- Craig

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList