RE: Index question

Subject: RE: Index question
From: "Peet, Leslie" <LPeet -at- orbitz -dot- com>
To: "Techwr-l" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 10:55:51 -0500

Follow-up: I am using Word XP.

Leslie Peet
Technical Writer
312.894.6784

-----Original Message-----
From: techwr-l-bounces+lpeet=orbitz -dot- com -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
[mailto:techwr-l-bounces+lpeet=orbitz -dot- com -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com] On Behalf
Of Peet, Leslie
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2007 10:06 AM
To: Techwr-l
Subject: Index question

Hello,

I am having a problem with the index I am creating. As the index has
expanded to a second page the section number of the headers has changed
from section 11 to section 12. I am using Page X of Y numbering in the
footers where Y is SECTIONPAGES. The unexpected section break has
messed up the numbering of Y. No section break shows when I show hidden
text, but the evidence suggests there is a section break hidden
somewhere in the INDEX field.

I know I can just take out the "of Y" part of the page numbering, but I
would rather not. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to keep the Page
X of Y numbering system for the footers? I also want to know why there
is a hidden section break in the index (the short answer is probably:
that is just Word).

- Leslie

Leslie Peet

Technical Writer

312.894.6784

Create HTML or Microsoft Word content and convert to Help file formats
or

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as lpeet -at- orbitz -dot- com -dot-

or visit
http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/lpeet%40orbitz.com

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList